Saturday, March 7, 2009

Big News!!

Keiko isn't pregnant, but that's not the news.

I did get in the CDC. I actually got the call on Monday morning, amazingly early for my Saturday interview. I am incredibly excited. I am in the tuberculosis division. I can't ask questions to the current tuberculosis CDC fellow because she is investigating an outbreak in Namibia. I can't wait.

This means I will be moving to Atlanta next year. I have no idea what I will do about furniture for 1 year, where we will live, etc., but it's nice to know what will be happening. But mainly I'm just excited!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congrats Jeff! Although I would have been even more excited if it was the other big news. :) When will you guys move to GA? Keiko is going to get to know every corner of the US.

Shirley said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure getting into the CDC is a lot harder than getting pregnant. :) That's so exciting you will be moving to Atlanta and get to do such interesting work. I'm really happy for you guys!

Grandma and Grandpa Roush said...

HI, Jeffie!! Can you guess who is writing this? heh heh I couldn't imagine that you wouldn't be accepted. You are so brilliant and talented and so kind, thoughtful and loving of others. It is going to be interesting to see what field that you choose to go into.I have had three surgeries since Dec. 17th. I loved all of my doctors very much. They were so kind and knowable. It has been hard to get discharged in a way because I get so attached. I feel that they have all been very caring. I don't know how anyone can go into the medical field without having a love for people and wanting to assist them. The furniture will probably work out fine for you. It always does. Perhaps some other medical student there will be moving and want to get rid of their furniture. Much love to you and Keiko and sharing the beautiful pictures of your "wedding " style in Japan. You are right!!! Keiko looks very beauitiful!! Much love from Grandma and Grandpa Roush

Chris and Corie said...

Congrats!!! They wanted you so badly, they called right away! YOu must have really impressed them.

So, you'll be there for a year? That's really exciting. I can't wait to hear stories, and am even more excited to see you and Keiko when you stop by!