Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas in Japan: Riding home in Luxury

I stole these images from Keiko's Japanese blog. I woke up extra early today due to the time differences as Keiko sleeps the night away so I figured I would do my last blog entry for a while.

Our last day in Japan was a 10 hour layover in Tokyo. My closest companion from my mission was able to come over and visit in the morning and one of Keiko's good friends visited in the afternoon. We got through security and thought we were all good when our names were called. I was imagining they had oversold the plane and were going to tell us our seats had been taken or something. I was half right.
"It's you lucky day, you've been upgraded to business." This was pretty funny because it has happened to me once before and I told Keiko about it and she talked about dreaming of being able to fly business class.
The seats are huge and comfy. You can lay down nearly 180 degrees, completely flast, a foot rest comes out, your own personal monitor that pops out.

I suppose the biggest thing is the service. "How are you doing, Mr. Jones?" "Can I get anything for you Mr. Jones" "How was your sleep, Mr. Jones?" I felt like I was in a hotel. Our first meal was a 3-4 course deluxe. We had all you can eat ramen and some other snacks (and alcohol was also included) the rest of the way. We got nice cloth placemats with real dishes.

Here is all our freebies: extra ramen, slippers, toothbrush/paste, lotion, facemask, ear plugs, and some other stuff I can't remember.

It's time to head off to my first day of pediatrics and back to real life... sigh, I miss Japan already.

2 comments:

千恵美 said...

HI!Jeff.
Buji ni CHICAGO ni tsuite yokatta.
Kochi ha futariga inakunatte samishiidesu. Jeff to DS shitari hanashitari tanoshii jikan deshita.
Mata futaride kaettekitene!

Matteruyo!!!

Unknown said...

Although I saw these pixs on Keiko it was still fun to read this and my husband was really happy he said "Jeff's Blog is Back!!" since you know he was super fan of your wife's English blog but he already deleted hers....
So I think he is happy!
I got upgraded once to first class due to some chinese man sitting on my seat!!! and didn't move!!!
So the first class,,, but it was only from Korea to Japan! I wish I had that from Japan to America! Yattane!