Tuesday, December 8, 2009

CDC Trip 7: The Hotel

Most of the time, I stayed at one hotel called Robert Reimer's Hotel. It is owned by a family that does everything on this island from making soap to filtering water, fishing, pearl farms, and probably anything that can be imagined.

The hotel was about as nice as are offered on the island. It had it's up and downs.

Here is the outside of the hotel.

It was on the water as everything else is on the lagoon side of the atoll.

My fist room had a fairly nice view, nice and green. But it was usually to hot and humid for me to spend much time out here.

Inside of the room. Not too bad. However, I did have my fair share of cockroaches and ants. But they are much smaller than American cockroaches, little dark red guys.

This was the restaurant across the street. Copyright laws must not be very strict here. They did sell chicken. That is KLG, but the G looks pretty close to a C.

My last week I was moved to the nicer rooms. These felt a little fancy. They were similar to the places I stayed at a fancy place in South Africa on their giant animal reservation for safaris (Kruger National Park).

You were closer to the water here. There was a actually some wider parts of the island near the hotel and other larger parts of the biggest parts of the city. So there were actually some places you couldn't see water due to the trees and/or buildings.

No cockroaches, but there plenty of lizards. I preferred the lizards.

No comments: